Ideal for slashing, jibbing and jumping
The Mountain Twin is a versatile directional twin designed for playful shredders who want one board that can ride-it-all.
It's built to shred the whole mountain like it's an endless skatepark without sacrificing float in pow or stability for bombing lines. The Twin's shape features blunt tips for reduced swing weight, Traction Tech edges to keep you locked in on firm snow and a 3D Contour Base that makes every turn more effortless. With a mid-stiff twin flex and a CamRock profile the Mountain Twin excels at poppin' pillows and pressin' boxes while it's also an easy board to turn and finesse in tight terrain. To complete the performance package, the Mountain Twin has a super fast and durable Sintered 8000 base and added stance options with the Freestyle/Freeride Stance pack.
Art by: Joseph Toney
BOARD PERSONALITY:Flex: 7/10 (Precise)
Freestyle / Park: 10/10
Deep Powder: 8/10
Slow Speed Slashing: 9/10
High Speed Carving: 5/10
Steeps / Technical: 5/10
Icy Edging: 6/10
3D CONTOUR BASE:
- 3D Contour Base 2.0: Moderate 3D-base contours featuring an even balance of 4mm spoon bevel in the nose and 4mm spoon bevel in the tail. Spoon bevel starts at the rocker point.
- 1. Traction Tech 3.0: Traction Tech 3.0 features three bumps per edge (front binding, board center, back binding). The middle bump is slightly bigger than the outside bumps for better grip.
- 2. Progressive sidecut: At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the sidecut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
- Blunt nose: How a board glides in powder, crust, corn or any snow more than an inch deep, is dictated by it’s front contact point and just past it. Next time you are in soft snow watch how much snow comes over the corner of the nose near the contact point. The billowing snow coming out from behind the tip means you are plowing through it which is obviously slowing you down. By adding a blunt nose you get the float benefits of a much longer nose without the ‘snow plow’ rounded tip and it’s extra swing weight. - Jeremy Jones
- Twin flex pattern: Balanced flex pattern with equal stiffness and torsional response in the nose and tail.
- V-core: Jones exclusive wood core profiling that offers a stable and playful board feel. The wood core is softer between the feet for easy turn initiation and stiffer in the nose and tail for stability riding through uneven terrain and landing airs.
- Camrock: A unique rocker/camber flex pattern defined by evenly balanced tip and tail rocker and camber between the bindings. Camrock improves freestyle finesse by keeping your tips playful while maintaining the power and pop of camber underfoot.
BUILT WITH THE FINEST TECH AND MATERIALS
100% of our adult models feature high-end materials, construction technologies and sustainable manufacturing process. We accept no compromises in producing the most durable and sustainable snowboarding gear.
Sintered 8000 Base: New super durable material made from Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and carbon. Base is easily repairable, highly wax absorbent and wicked fast.
Wend Natural Wax: Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
Flip-Flop Base: Producing two or more base color options minimizes p-tex waste. Order may be filled with either color. Color does not vary by size.
Biax fiberglass: A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fiberglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
Freeride/Freestyle Pack: Allows option to center or set back stance on sidecut as conditions demand.
Bio Resin: Bio Resin is a bio-based epoxy made with 27% plant-based carbon instead of petroleum-based carbon. The organic raw materials used to make bio-resin are co-products or waste products of plant-based industrial processes. Bio-resin requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions to produce than conventional epoxy.
Oversized recycled edges: All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
Recycled ABS Sidewalls: ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. We improve the sustainability of our snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
Factory Tuned: All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
Forever Flex: Forever Flex is a new manufacturing process that helps stabilise the flex and rocker of a board for its lifetime.
Eco-plastic topsheet: Bio-plastic topsheet made from Castor beans. This eco-material is ultralight, chip/scratch resistant and water/snow repellent (snow sticks less to topsheet).
Control Core: Dual-density full premium wood core featuring a 2:1 paulownia to poplar stringer ratio that keeps core light but ultra damp.